Dev-Afrique Development Advisors is a social-impact organization of strategy and development professionals committed to solving complex challenges on the African continent. With networks across African countries, we provide high-level advisory and develop unique strategies for non-profit organizations and start-ups in emerging and frontier markets in Africa. Our expertise extends across agriculture, environment and climate change, financial inclusion, health, water sanitation, hygiene, and public policy.
About the Position
Dev-Afrique is recruiting a Frontend Developer to create an interactive and responsive website suitable for stakeholder engagement and mapping. The ideal candidate will help to develop a stakeholder mapping platform and ensure cross-browser compatibility and accessibility of the platform.
Front End Developer; Role and Responsibility
– Work in multidisciplinary team with other professionals such as back-end developers, web designers, project managers and analysts to complete project.
– Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
– Translate UI/UX design wireframes into responsive web applications that work seamlessly across all devices and platforms.
– Participate in code reviews, design reviews, and other quality assurance activities to ensure that the final product meets the requirements.
– Debug and troubleshoot website and coding issues where needed.
Requirements, Skill, and Qualification
– At least 3 years previous experience working as a front-end developer.
– Familiarity with RESTful APIs
– Experience with responsive and adaptive design.
– Proven collaborator and team player with excellent communication skills
– Knowledge of any backend framework and a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a relevant field is a plus, but is not required.
We ask candidates to provide a portfolio or repository of previous projects relevant to this position.
The front-end development phase is scheduled for seven weeks, including complete front-end development, internal review, and approval.
Please note that we may not be able to contact everyone due to number of applications received.