Advisor – Urban Sanitation
Our firm, Dev-Afrique Development Advisors, is a social-impact organization of strategy and development professionals committed to solving complex challenges on the African continent. With networks across African countries, we provide high-level advisory and develop unique strategies for non-profit organizations and start-ups in emerging and frontier markets in Africa. Our expertise extends across various sectors, including urban sanitation, environment and climate change, financial inclusion, health, agriculture, and public policy.
Dev-Afrique Development Advisors is seeking an Advisor to provide expertise and advisory services for the urban sanitation project. The Advisor will work with a team to improve public data systems in urban sanitation services across Africa.
The Urban Sanitation Advisor will be responsible for the following key tasks:
- Provide technical expertise and strategic advice on urban sanitation programming, to refine knowledge and approaches and build learning and best practices for the project and the sector.
- Support the design and implementation of urban sanitation projects, including community engagement, capacity building, and stakeholder collaboration.
- Provide high-level strategic advice to clients, comprehensive research and analysis of urban sanitation data in the urban sanitation sector, with a focus on improving public data systems.
- Collaborate with government agencies, non-profit organizations, and other stakeholders to build strong partnerships and facilitate the exchange of knowledge and expertise.
- Work closely with local teams to enhance their capacity in managing and utilizing public data systems effectively.
- Lead and contribute to the planning, implementation, and evaluation of projects related to urban sanitation data improvement.
- Advocate for evidence-based policies in the urban sanitation sector, leveraging data and research findings.
- Develop and conduct training sessions and workshops to disseminate knowledge and best practices in urban sanitation data management.
- Contribute to improving public data systems in urban sanitation services by developing relevant, adapted, and cost-efficient technical solutions.
- Organize and facilitate evaluation missions related to sanitation and wastewater treatment and produce reports and technical annexes related to the project.
The ideal candidate for this position should possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Substantial experience in sanitation programming, particularly in urban settings in low- or middle-income countries, including city/town-wide inclusive sanitation programs, sanitation entrepreneurial approaches, and business development support.
- Strong project management and time-management skills, with the ability to plan, meet deadlines, and efficiently manage multiple tasks.
- Experience and knowledge in the WASH sector, effective grant management, and a good understanding of how local governments operate.
- Minimum of master’s degree in environmental science, public health, urban planning or a related field.
- Strong understanding of public data systems and their applications in the context of urban sanitation.
- Proven experience in stakeholder engagement, project management, and capacity building.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively in a multicultural environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to social impact and sustainable development in Africa.
Dev-Afrique offers more than just a job; it’s a transformative experience. We seek individuals who are motivated to drive social impact on the African continent. At Dev-Afrique, you will find a supportive environment that values your unique perspectives, nurtures creativity, and promotes collaboration. Beyond our exciting working environment, our compensation structure is also competitive and reflective of the unique needs of our people. Some of our compensation offerings may include:
- Pension contribution from employer
- Annual Life Assurance
- Individual medical and dental coverage (for employees and their immediate families)
- Working from home allowance amidst a flexible working environment (Work from anywhere in the world)
- Leave allowance and one-month fully-paid annual leave.
- Housing allowance
- Health & fitness allowance
- Up to eight weeks of paternity leave and 12 weeks of maternity leave
- Transport allowance, club subscriptions and lots more.