Dev-Afrique Development Advisors is a social-impact organization of strategy and development professionals committed to solving complex challenges on the African continent. With networks across African countries, we provide high-level advisory and develop unique strategies for non-profit organizations and start-ups in emerging and frontier markets in Africa. Our expertise extends across agriculture, environment and climate change, financial inclusion, health, water sanitation and hygiene, and public policy.
We are seeking an Associate Consultant to join our Advisory team. The successful candidate will play a critical role in supporting the delivery of advisory services to our clients in the development sector.
- Support the delivery of high-quality advisory services to clients in the development sector, including government agencies, NGOs, and other development partners
- Co-designing and supporting the implementation of the research framework on diverse research topics across health, agriculture, geospatial technology, and environment.
- Generate insights from qualitative and quantitative research to analyze and present results.
- Optimally perform analysis, construct a logical framework, and create high quality deliverables.
- Contribute to business development efforts, including proposal writing and client engagement
- Track the developments in the development sector, including emerging trends and best practices
- Contribute to the development of thought leadership and knowledge products, including research papers, blog posts, and other publications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant field such as international development, economics, public policy, or a related field
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in the development sector, preferably with experience working in developing countries
- Strong analytical and research skills, with the ability to synthesize complex information into clear and concise reports and recommendations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present information clearly and effectively to a variety of audiences
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team environment and build relationships with clients and partners
- Fluent in English; proficiency in other languages, particularly French, is a plus
- Prior experience in management consulting or other professional services is desirable but not required
If you meet the above requirements and are passionate about driving positive change in the development sector, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we will only be able to contact successful candidates for further steps in the recruitment process