Consultant, Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) – East & West Africa
Location: Remote (but require on-the-ground presence in East or West Africa)
Type: Part-time / Contract
Salary: Commensurate with experience
About the Position
Dev-Afrique Development Advisors advise development partners and start-ups in Africa and in the process, we expand our international development portfolio, developing an extensive network of partners across the continent, and finding unique ways to solve complex challenges in the most efficient way possible. We are looking for a consultant who is passionate about monitoring and evaluation, international development (health, agriculture, and energy), geospatial data, and multi-stakeholder engagements.
A successful fit for this position will be an independent consultant in M&E who can multitask, collaborate, and manage the end-to-end monitoring and evaluation process of the client . It is a great position for someone who plays at the intersection of M&E and geospatial data.
While this work will be highly variable, some of the tasks may include:
- Conducting medium-term impact assessment report for our clients’ projects across multiple sectors
- Serving as a technical expert on M&E activities; develop a monitoring and evaluation framework, baseline assessment, impact indicators and data collection tools.
- Designing and executing a multi-stakeholder measurement system for the project.
- Working closely and communicating effectively with development partners and government agencies to document use cases and track the impact of interventions of client’s projects.
- Develop high-quality M&E reports and presentations.
- Facilitating intra-organizational workshops on user experience, partnerships development, or internal processes.
- Any other thing that needs to get done!
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in development-related field with 5 years of relevant experience in monitoring and evaluation. Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in developing a monitoring and evaluation framework, baseline assessment, impact indicators and data collection tools (samples may be requested).
- Strong qualitative and quantitate research skills.
- Excellent technical and policy writing for diverse global audiences.
- Proficiency in GIS software is an advantage.
- Stakeholder management -working closely and communicating effectively with development partners and government agencies
- Clear and thoughtful communication.
- Understanding of donor organizations, development agencies, and global initiatives such as USAID, Gates, DFID, and multilateral agencies.
- Proficiency in Power BI, Tableau, Microsoft office, etc.
This engagement is medium-term ranging between 3 months to 6 months with the option of transitioning into a longer-term consultant as mutually agreed.
Interested in this position? Please apply below.