Consultant, Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) – Health (Nigeria)
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Contract Period: February – July 2021
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Our client, GRID3, works with countries to generate, validate, and use geospatial data on population, settlements, infrastructure, and boundaries. GRID3 works closely with governments to generate open-source data, support for data applications to ensure effective impact, and training to strengthen the national geospatial foundation for future evidence-based development and humanitarian decision making.
While this work will be highly variable, some of the tasks may include:
- Conducting an impact assessment report for our client’s geospatial health use case projects in Nigeria.
- Serving as a technical expert on M&E activities; developing a monitoring and evaluation framework and impact indicators and data collection tools for the health sector use-cases.
- Designing and executing a multi-stakeholder measurement system for the project.
- Conducting monitoring and evaluation – including baseline assessment – of health use-cases – particularly on routine immunization, measles, yellow fever and polio campaigns in Nigeria.
- Working closely and communicating effectively with development partners and the Nigerian government agencies to document the above potential use cases and track the impact of GRID3 Nigeria interventions.
- Develop high-quality M&E reports and presentations.
- Designing and managing monitoring systems in ICT4health and health data systems.
- Facilitating intra-organizational workshops on user experience, partnerships development, or internal processes.
- Any other task that needs to get done!
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in development or health-related field with 5 years of relevant experience in monitoring and evaluation of health projects in Nigeria. A master’s degree is an added advantage.
- Demonstrated experience conducting monitoring and evaluation of health projects – most especially on routine immunization and vaccine delivery in Nigeria.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative research skills.
- Strong understanding of the concept of geospatial data and applications.
- Experience working closely with development partners and the Nigerian government, particularly the National and State Primary Health Care Development Agencies and Federal and State Ministries of Health.
- Experience designing and managing monitoring systems in ICT4health and health data systems.
- Excellent technical and policy writing skills for diverse global audiences.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Proficiency in GIS software is an advantage.
- Clear and thoughtful communication.
- Geospatial information systems (GIS)
- Understanding of donor organizations, development agencies, and global initiatives such as USAID, Gates, FCDO, and multilateral agencies.
- Proficiency in Power BI, Tableau, Microsoft office, etc.
This engagement is medium-term ranging from 6 to 9 months.
Interested in the position? Please apply below or send your resumé to email@example.com. For more information about GRID3, please visit www.grid.org