GRID3 In-Country Consultant – Sierra Leone
Location: Freetown, Sierra Leone (in-country presence)
Contract Period: January – May 2021
Type: Part-time / Contract
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Application Deadline: January 24, 2020
About the Position
Our Client, GRID3, works with countries to generate, validate, and use geospatial data on population, settlements, infrastructure, and boundaries. GRID3 works closely with governments to generate open-source data, support for data applications to ensure effective impact, and training to strengthen the national geospatial foundation for future evidence-based development and humanitarian decision making.
We are looking for a consultant who is passionate about data and social impact programs.
A successful fit for this position will be an independent consultant who can multitask, collaborate, and communicate expertly with a variety of diverse stakeholders (high-level officials, international NGOs, local or sub-national authorities) and has an understanding of geospatial data. . It is a great position for someone who plays at the intersection of social impact and data for decision-making.
While this work will be variable, some of the tasks may include:
- Manage stakeholder relationships across the government, GIS communities, and international organizations.
- Help document data management processes with government officials
- Use map document packages with vector and raster data
- Lead, arrange, and coordinate stakeholder meetings on behalf of GRID3
- Coordinate and lead workshops related to health work of GRID3
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in economics, international affairs, geography, or related fields -with 5 years of relevant experience in project management. A master’s degree is an added advantage.
- Demonstrated experience working with government MDAs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to manage high-level relationships
- Have a strong understanding of geospatial concepts and principles; be able to articulate the value of geospatial data and understand its applications across sectors, especially in health
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access)
- Understanding of donor organizations, development agencies, and global initiatives such as USAID, Gates, DFID, and multilateral agencies.
- knowledge of the data collection tools: ODK Collect, Geo ODK, Kobo Collect or others
- Proficiency in use of desktop GIS applications, such as ArcGIS or QGIS, including the ability to produce maps, perform spatial analyses using vector and raster data
This engagement is medium-term ranging between 3 months to 6 months with the option of transitioning into a full-time country coordinator as mutually agreed. This position might require some travel outside of Freetown.
Interested in this position? Please apply below.