Location: East/Central Africa (preferably Rwanda, Kenya, or the Democratic Republic of Congo)
Start date: October 2020, negotiable
Type: Part-time (~20hrs/week)
Salary: Commensurate with experience
About Dev-Afrique Development Advisors
The Dev-Afrique Development Advisors is a team of strategy and development professionals with specialties in international development, corporate sustainability, research, and public policy in Africa. We provide advisory and develop unique strategies for development partners, local non-profit organizations, and start-ups in frontier and emerging markets in Africa. Our team promotes the use of technology and big data to solve the most complex challenges on the continent. With presence in over 7 countries in Africa, we act as interlocutors to build communities of innovators and problem-solvers across the continent.
Dev-Afrique is a member of the Dev-Global Partners – a people-first organization focused on building a supportive, team-based working atmosphere that leverages the unique strengths, talents, and interests of each person across the partnership.
As a startup organization, we prioritize the opinions, passion, and expertise of all our consultants. Some of our current clients include A-M-Z Group, the Center for International Earth Science Information Network (CIESIN), the Geo-Referenced Infrastructure and Demographic Data for Development (GRID3), Policy Vault Inc, Jane Goodall Institute amongst others.
About the Position
Dev-Afrique Development Advisors have been advising development partners and start-ups in Africa for years and in the process, building an international development portfolio, developing an extensive network of partners across the continent, and finding unique ways to solve complex challenges in the most efficient way possible. We are looking for a colleague who is passionate about international development, climate change, and environment, health, food security, technology, and private and non-profit sectors’ engagement.
A successful fit for this position will be a self-starter who can multitask, collaborate, and adapt to changing client needs. It is a great position for someone who wants a flexible position but also builds a diverse portfolio and takes ownership of their career path by pursuing their passion.
While this work will be highly variable, projects may include:
- Conducting sectoral research and development of an environmental landscape assessment
- Conducting a performance evaluation of a multimillion development project
- Building a community of practice of stakeholders in the non-profit and private sectors around geospatial data use
- Facilitate intra-organizational workshops on user experience, partnerships development, or internal processes
- Recruitment of senior-level personnel for development partners in conflict zones in Africa
- Any other thing that needs to get done!
This position will be remote due to COVID-19 restrictions. Preference will be given to applicants located in East or Central Africa. This position includes travel to countries within East and Central Africa once COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
- Professional proficiency in French and EnglishMinimum of bachelor’s degree with 1 – 3 years of relevant work experience in international development – preferably in climate change or environment sector
- Technical and policy writing for diverse audiences including business and proposal development
- Self-starter who can investigate programmatic needs & provide clear recommendations to implement changes
- Attention to detail and ability to manage an event and program logistics
- Clear and thoughtful communication
- Understanding of donor organizations, development agencies, and global initiatives such as USAID, Gates, DFID, and multilateral agencies
- Proficiency in Portuguese or Swahili
- Proficiency in GIS
- Proficiency in Power BI, Tableau, Microsoft office, etc.
- Experience with digital tools such as MailChimp, Eventbrite, Google Suite, Microsoft Office, etc.
This position will be filled as a 3-month contract with the option of transitioning into a medium-term consultant position as mutually agreed upon.
Interested in this position? Please Apply below.