Senior Consultant – Monitoring and Evaluation
Dev-Afrique Development Advisors is a social-impact organization of strategy and development professionals committed to solving complex challenges on the African continent. With networks across African countries, we provide high-level advisory and develop unique strategies for non-profit organizations and start-ups in emerging and frontier markets in Africa. Our expertise extends across agriculture, environment and climate change, financial inclusion, health, water sanitation and hygiene, and public policy.
Dev-Afrique Development Advisors is seeking a highly motivated and talented individual to join our team as a Senior Consultant – Monitoring and Evaluation. The successful candidate will work closely with our team of consultants and experts to support the design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation frameworks for projects across various sectors in Africa.
- Design and implement monitoring and evaluation frameworks for projects across various sectors in Africa
- Conduct data analysis and provide insights to support project implementation and decision-making
- Prepare high-quality reports and presentations for clients and other stakeholders
- Develop and deliver training and capacity building programs on monitoring and evaluation for clients and project staff
- Support the development of proposals and participate in business development activities
- Collaborate with the team to continuously improve monitoring and evaluation processes and tools
- Contribute to the development of thought leadership content for the firm
- Graduate degree in international development, economics, statistics, or a related field
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience in monitoring and evaluation, preferably in Africa
- Strong technical skills in data analysis and statistical methods, including proficiency in statistical software such as STATA, SPSS, or R, as well as Microsoft Excel
- Experience with designing and implementing impact evaluations, including randomized controlled trials, quasi-experimental designs, and other rigorous methods
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing monitoring and evaluation frameworks for projects across various sectors in Africa
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; proficiency in French is a plus
- Strong project management skills and ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience in conducting training and capacity building on monitoring and evaluation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, Tableau, QGIS, KoboCollect, and ODK
Preference will be given to candidates with prior experience in management or development consulting, particularly in the areas of strategy, program development and in-country evaluation. Candidates with this experience are encouraged to highlight this in their application and demonstrate how their skills and experience are relevant to the role
This is a full-time position based in our office in Nigeria or Kenya, with some travel within Africa.
If you are passionate about making a difference in Africa and have the skills and qualifications required for this role, we encourage you to apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter using the application link.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we will only be able to contact successful candidates for further steps in the recruitment process.