Summer Internship (International Development)
Dev-Afrique Development Advisors is a social-impact organization of strategy and development professionals committed to solving complex challenges on the African continent. With networks across African countries, we provide high-level advisory and develop unique strategies for non-profit organizations and start-ups in emerging and frontier markets in Africa. Our expertise extends across agriculture, environment and climate change, financial inclusion, health, water sanitation and hygiene, and public policy.
We are seeking a highly motivated and passionate Summer Consultant in International Development to join our team for a short-term engagement. The Summer Consultant will support ongoing client projects and will work closely with our team to develop solutions to complex challenges faced by our clients. This position is ideal for current graduate students looking for an opportunity to gain hands-on experience in international development.
While we welcome graduate students from diverse fields, a successful candidate will be able to multitask, collaborate, and communicate expertly with diverse internal and external stakeholders.
- Co-designing and supporting the implementation of the research framework on diverse research topics across health, agriculture, geospatial technology, and environment.
- Generate insights from qualitative and quantitative research to analyze and present results.
- Optimally perform analysis, construct a logical framework, and create high quality deliverables.
- Supporting the design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
- Assist in organizing and facilitating stakeholder meetings and workshops
- Prepare presentations, reports, and other project deliverables
- Collaborate with team members to develop and implement project plans and timelines
- Currently pursuing a graduate degree in international development, economics, public policy, or a related field
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Tableau, QGIS, KoboCollect, and ODK
- Familiarity with monitoring and evaluation tools, such as logical frameworks, performance indicators, and theories of change
- Fluency in English and French preferred
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we will only be able to contact successful candidates for further steps in the recruitment process.