Location: Kenya (in-country presence)
Seniority Level: Mid-Level
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Application Deadline: June 17th, 2022
About Dev-Afrique Development Advisors
Dev-Afrique Development Advisors is a social-impact organization of strategy and development professionals committed to solving complex challenges on the African continent. With networks across African countries, we provide high-level advisory and develop unique strategies for non-profit organizations and start-ups in emerging and frontier markets in Africa. Our expertise extends across agriculture, environment and climate change, financial inclusion, health, water sanitation and hygiene, and public policy.
About the Position
We are looking for an associate consultant who is passionate about agriculture and food security on the continent.
A successful fit for this position will be an early to mid-career consultant who can multitask, collaborate, and communicate expertly with diverse stakeholders (high-level officials, international NGOs, local or sub-national authorities). This consultant will have technical and practical understanding of the agriculture landscape and food security systems in Africa. It is a great position for someone who plays at the intersection of agriculture and social impact.
While this work will be variable, some of the tasks may include:
- Co-design research framework on agriculture and food security issues on the continent.
- Generate insights from qualitative and quantitative research to analyze and present results.
- Design and manage the project implementation framework by effectively interpreting the project scope and deliverables.
- Optimally perform analysis, construct a logical framework, and create high quality deliverables.
- Actively participate in task involving monitoring and evaluation within the agriculture sector.
- 2+ years of experience as an agriculture analyst, research analyst or in a similar position.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree (Bsc) in agriculture science, biological science, food science, economics and related fields. Advanced degree is an added advantage.
- Previous experience conducting research in agriculture and food security, international development, strategy, and related areas.
- Experienced in using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and any of the data visualization software, like Tableau, Google Analytics or PowerBI)
- Ability to develop error-free independent report without third party support.
- Strong research, reporting and presentation skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively manage high-level relationships.
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to make well-thought-out decisions.
- Prior experience in agricultural research institutions, consulting firms, non-profits or other development organizations.
- Strong understanding of the major issues and core drivers of the agriculture ecosystem in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Experience in startups or start-up development activities is a plus.
- Start-up compatibility, hands-on mentality, integrity and dependability.