Associate Consultant – Urban Sanitation
Our firm, Dev-Afrique Development Advisors, is a social-impact organization of strategy and development professionals committed to solving complex challenges on the African continent. With networks across African countries, we provide high-level advisory and develop unique strategies for non-profit organizations and start-ups in emerging and frontier markets in Africa. Our expertise extends across various sectors, including urban sanitation, environment and climate change, financial inclusion, health, agriculture, and public policy.
Dev-Afrique is seeking an Associate Consultant to join our Urban Sanitation team. The Associate Consultant will support the development and implementation of strategies for improving public data systems in urban sanitation services across Africa.
Some of the responsibilities may include:
- Conducting research and analysis on urban sanitation issues, trends, and best practices.
- Supporting the design and implementation of urban sanitation projects, including community engagement, capacity building, and stakeholder collaboration.
- Collaborating with team members to develop technical reports, presentations, and other communication materials for clients and stakeholders.
- Participating in the development of new business opportunities, including proposal development and client engagement.
- Contributing to the body of knowledge innovations in urban sanitation across Africa.
- Work closely with municipalities, NGOs, and other stakeholders to address challenges and identify opportunities related to public data systems in urban sanitation.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, environmental science, urban planning, or a related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Three to five years of relevant experience in public data systems and urban sanitation or public infrastructure.
- Prior experience working with government ministries or service-level authorities is a strong advantage
- Experience in project management, including planning, implementation, and monitoring.
- Strong analytical and research skills, with proficiency in data analysis tools such as Excel, GIS and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to convey technical information to diverse audiences.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
- Fluent in English; proficiency in other languages, particularly French, is a plus
- Prior experience in management consulting or other professional services is desirable but not required
Dev-Afrique offers more than just a job; it’s a transformative experience. We seek individuals who are motivated to drive social impact on the African continent. At Dev-Afrique, you will find a supportive environment that values your unique perspectives, nurtures creativity, and promotes collaboration. Beyond our exciting working environment, our compensation structure is also competitive and reflective of the unique needs of our people. Some of our compensation offerings may include:
- Pension contribution from employer
- Annual Life Assurance
- Individual medical and dental coverage (for employees and their immediate families)
- Working from home allowance amidst a flexible working environment (Work from anywhere in the world)
- Leave allowance and one-month fully-paid annual leave.
- Housing allowance
- Health & fitness allowance
- Up to eight weeks of paternity leave and 12 weeks of maternity leave
- Transport allowance, club subscriptions and lots more.
*Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we will only be able to contact successful candidates for further steps in the recruitment process.