Job Title: Operations Associate
Location: Freetown, Sierra Leone (in-country presence)
Type: Part-time / Contract
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Application Deadline: June 4, 2021
About the Position
We are looking for an operations associate that will support our in-country consultant with the management of day-to-day activities. He/she must have excellent organisation skills, can multitask, manage geospatial data sets, able to collaborate with others, can communicate excellently, able to identify a business opportunity, and perform administrative duties. A successful fit for this position must possess a versatile skill set to support administrative functions.
While this work will be variable, some of the tasks may include:
- Perform administrative duties for Dev-Afrique’s operation in Sierra Leone.
- Assist with work/time scheduling, sourcing of vendors, and logistics support.
- Support the Principal Consultant with the enforcement of the company policies and standards.
- Document data management processes with clients.
- Monitor inventory and record purchases/expenses.
- Assist in organising and coordinating stakeholder meetings and workshops.
- Support fieldwork activities when necessary.
- Proficiency in the use of English.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in accounting, project management, or any relevant field.
- Have at least 2-years’ experience in procurement, event management, and project management.
- Have a demonstrated experience in accounting, reporting, and business development.
- Have strong analytical and organisational skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to manage high-level relationships.
- Be-self led and proactive about achieving intended deliverables.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access) and Google Suite.
- Basic knowledge of geographic information systems (GIS) software, data collection, collation, map making, and analysis.
- Ability to learn on-the-job for capacity strengthening.
This position might require some travel outside of Freetown.
Interested in this position? Please apply below.