Location: Multiple locations
Freetown, Sierra Leone
Salary: Commensurate with experience
About the Position
Dev-Afrique Development Advisors is a social impact organization of strategy and development professionals committed to solving complex challenges on the African continent. With networks across African countries, we provide high-level advisory and develop unique strategies for non-profit organizations and start-ups in emerging and frontier markets in Africa. Our expertise extends across agriculture, environment and climate change, financial inclusion, health, water sanitation, and hygiene, and public policy.
Our team has worked with leading organizations such as the World Health Organization, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Columbia University, GRID3, Johnson & Johnson Foundation, the United Nations amongst others.
We are a small organization; thus, we are very intentional about who we bring on board. As an analyst, you will support actual project engagement by building the knowledge repository of the team and serving as the research pillar for the team of consultants and advisors. While doing this, you will hone your project management skills and develop an understanding of key topics across industries and sectors.
An ideal analyst will:
- Analyse and conduct research on new topics and industries
- Develop an independent framework to undertake key research projects
- Lead end-to-end development and delivery of internal briefs and reports to project teams
- Organize and coordinate stakeholder meetings and workshops
- Act as a generalist by being flexible enough to take on new projects.
- Very proficient in English writing and speaking. Proficiency in French is a strong advantage.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in agriculture, energy, health, sciences, technology, and related fields. Advanced degree is an added advantage.
- Excellent academic and career track record.
- Have at least a year of working experience (internship inclusive) in a corporate setting – preferably in development or consulting.
- Basic understanding of accounting reporting and digital productivity tools.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to manage high-level relationships.
- Be self-led and proactive about achieving intended deliverables.
- Ability to support the team and get work done!
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Data analytics skills is an advantage.
- Familiarity with geospatial data and GIS tools
- Basic understanding of the dynamics of the development sector.
This position might require some travel.