Type : Graduate Internship (Master’s or PhD)
Duration: 10 weeks
Application Deadline: June 10th, 2022
About Dev-Afrique Development Advisors
Dev-Afrique Development Advisors is a social-impact organization of strategy and development professionals committed to solving complex challenges on the African continent. With networks across African countries, we provide high-level advisory and develop unique strategies for non-profit organizations and start-ups in emerging and frontier markets in Africa. Our expertise extends across agriculture, environment and climate change, financial inclusion, health, water sanitation and hygiene, and public policy.
About the Position
Dev-Afrique is recruiting a Graduate Consultant who is passionate about development issues in Africa and excited to work at the intersection of development, industry and governance.
This internship program is limited to nationals of any of the sub-Saharan African countries. For national of non-African countries, please visit www.dev.global for opportunities.
While we welcome graduate students from diverse fields, a successful candidate will be able to multitask, collaborate, and communicate expertly with diverse internal and external stakeholders.
While this work will be variable, some of the tasks during this internship will include may include:
- Co-designing and supporting the implementation of the research framework on diverse research topics across health, agriculture, geospatial technology, and environment.
- Generate insights from qualitative and quantitative research to analyze and present results.
- Optimally perform analysis, construct a logical framework, and create high quality deliverables.
- Supporting the design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
- Interested candidates must be currently enrolled in a master’s or doctoral graduate program in economics, international development, international affairs, African studies, or related fields.
- Strong understanding and lived experience of the major development issues in any of the Sub-Saharan African countries.
- Previous experience conducting research in any international development focus areas especially agriculture, health, and environment.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and any of the data visualization software, like Tableau, Google Analytics or PowerBI)
- Strong research, reporting and presentation skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively manage high-level relationships.
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to make well-thought-out decisions.
- Experience in startups or start-up development activities is a plus.
- Start-up compatibility, hands-on mentality, integrity and dependability.